Thursday, January 24, 2008

Downtown

This writing came from me spending many nights praying and hoping for Midland to be released from it bonds and be opened to the new mighty move of our Father. This one just kept coming to me like a prayer that i repeated more and more over the nights that i spent there downtown Midland, TX.


I'm downtown
It's dark, i can not see
The wind is blowing
but i don't know where its going

I'm downtown
It's dark, i can not see
the world is turning
But who is it we're really serving

When I'm downtown
these prayers never cease
for gates to be opened
and hearts to be softened

It's late now
I can almost tell
water flowing
the desert blooming

When I'm in town
the lights catch my eye
they can hypnotize me
mesmerize me

When I calm down
my smile becomes a frown
the masks that hide away
the death in this place

Oh ABBA
ABBA Father
open wide theses rusty gates

No comments: